Queen City Classic Basketball Tournament
Rules and Regulations
- All games will be played with two 18-minute halves, 4-minute half times (may be shortened to keep games on schedule), three full timeouts per game. Overtimes are 2 minutes with each time allowed one 30-second timeout (time outs from regulation do not carry over). After 2 overtime periods and the score is still tied the game will go to “sudden death.” The clock will stop on timeouts and the last 2 minutes of the second half.
- For divisions 6th grade and younger a team may only full court press the final two minutes of the second half and if the score is within 15 points, if the score is greater than 15 points only the team that is down may press.
- Each team will provide basketballs to warm-up with and the best ball as determined by the referees will be used as a game ball. Intermediate basketball will be used by all girls’ teams and for boys 4th through 8th grade teams.
- Zone defenses are not allowed for divisions 6th grade and younger.
- All unsportsmanlike technical fouls and intentional fouls will result in the automatic awarding of two points plus the ball out-of-bounds.
- All other South Dakota high school rules will apply.
- Home team provides a person to keep the official scorebook and the visitor team provides a timekeeper. (Home team is the bottom team in the bracket.)
- Officials will be assigned to the games.
- A team not ready to play 10 minutes after the scheduled game time will result in a forfeit. All teams must start the game with 5 players. No game will start early. A forfeit will be counted as a guaranteed complete game.
- Only paid teams will be considered registered at time of committee draw meeting.
- No boys will be allowed to play in the girl’s tournament and no girls will be allowed to play in the boy’s tournament.
- Players must compete in their own classification, with the exception of younger players, who may participate in older divisions.
- All teams should have two distinct colored jerseys. Reversible jerseys are preferred.
- A player can only play on one team in the tournament.
- Each team is required to provide their own first aid kit.
- In case of tie, points allowed will be the tie breaker for further bracketing.
Mail To: Mark Gould, Spearfish Booster Club, PO Box 853, Spearfish, SD 57783
2022 Queen City Classic COVID-19 Operating Guidelines
Please observe all of the COVID-19 Guidelines put into place to provide a safe and healthy environment for all those attending the 2022 Queen City Classic.
- COVID-19 Guidelines may vary at each facility and are subject to change – the following will apply at ALL :
- Guests are asked to follow the CDC guidelines for minimizing the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19. CLICK HERE for more info.
Event Cancellation Policy
- 25% of the entry fee will be retained in the case the tournament should be cancelled due to inclement weather, COVID-19, or any other situation.
- Should the tournament be postponed, half of the entry fee will be retained for those teams that can not participate on the make up date for the tournament.
Registration Cancellation Policy
- $25 of entry fee will be retained if a team request a refund after registering for the tournament and prior to the deadline.
- 50% of the entry fee will be retained shall a team request a refund after the deadline but prior to brackets being prepared.
- 100 % of the entry fee will be retained for teams who cancel after the brackets have been prepared and posted and for teams who do not show up to participate.
Updated January 2021
Rules for 2022!