Homecoming is right around the corner. And the students, parents, faculty and staff at Spearfish High School invite you to celebrate this exciting week by participating in this year’s SHS 2019 Homecoming parade!
September 27th | 1:30 pm
The parade theme is will be determined when the school year commences. STAY TUNED!
GAME TIME: Friday (Sept. 27th) | 6:00 pm | Pierre Governors | Lyle Hare Stadium
Tailgate (Spartan Athletic Booster Club): Starts at 5:00!
• Line-Up begins at Noon Sharp
• ALL FLOATS MUST BE READY BY 1:15 pm
• Parade begins at 1:30 pm
• The parade will begin at State Street and Elgin Street near Spearfish Dog Park. The route will turn west on to Grant Street and travel to North Main Street, then travel north on North Main Street to the end destination of Ryan Road.
Click Here to download the map.
General Parade Info:
• The parade with begin at Spartan Park and end at Ryan Road.
• The parade staging area will be on State Street between Elgin Street and Grant Street.
• Enter at designated entry point.
• Please be sure to check in with the parade organizers.
• Officials will be wearing visible bright colored shirts.
HELP US SHARE THIS EVENT! Download our Flyer Here.
• Any individuals who operate a truck, car, tractor, or any other type of vehicle must possess a valid driver’s license. No one under the age of 18 is permitted to operate a vehicle.
• All participants are expected to abide by general behavior guidelines.
• All entries with live animals are responsible for immediately curbing/cleaning up after their animals.
• Throwing of candy and other objects must be thrown a distance away from the moving vehicle for safety purposes.
• NO water spraying, water balloons, or any spraying of the audience of any kind.
• Once your entry has started along the parade route, no one may board your float.
• Entries with children under the age of 18 must have adult supervision.
• All entries are to keep out of the middle of the road during line up. This is why it is very important to list all vehicles so proper space may be allotted for line up.
• Keeping the road open is imperative in the event an emergency occurs. It is important that emergency vehicles have clear passage.
• Please be sure to fill out the entry/registration form to ensure all information is received. Registration information can be found at www. Spearfishboosterclub.com. A direct link found on this page will be used for registration.
• Your entry may not exit the parade prior to the end of the parade.
• Cover ALL open wheels for safety. No open wheel wells allowed.
• The parade organizers have the right to remove any float/vehicle at any time based on their assessment relating to safety concerns.
• You will receive a confirmation email prior to the parade with entry number attached.
• Reminder: The Spartan and SHS campus and activities are alcohol, tobacco and drug free environments.
Download the Parade Rules. CLICK HERE.
Online Parade Float Registration
You may also CLICK HERE to download the form.
Proudly supported by the Spearfish Spartan Athletic Booster Club and the Spearfish School District.
Get Ready for Homecoming! Here’s what’s happening!
Homecoming Week Themes:
Don’t Miss These Events:
- Sept.23 (Monday) | Coronation
- Sept. 23 (Monday) | Burning of the “S”
- Sept. 27 (Friday) | Parade – 1:30 pm
- Sept. 27 (Friday) | Spartan Athletic Booster Club TAILGATE – Starts at 5:00 pm
*Wear your jerseys and get a free hamburger or hotdog!
- Sept. 27 (Friday) | GAME TIME – Football Game – 6:00 pm vs. Pierre Governors
*Game ball presentation by the Spartan Athletic Booster Club following the game.
Games at Home to Catch:
- Sept. 23 – Boys Golf – Home (Spearfish Canyon Country Club) – Black Hills Conference – 10:00 am
- Sept. 24 – Volleyball – Home – Sturgis – 5:00 pm
- Sept. 24 – Boys/Girls Soccer – Home – Belle Fourche – 4:00/6:00 pm
- Sept. 26 – Volleyball – Home – Custer – 5:00 pm
- Sept. 28 – Boys/Girls Soccer – Home – Rapid City Central – 10:00 am/12:00 pm
For More Information Contact:
Parade Coordinator Contacts:
Amber Symonds: 605-639-5147
Joanne Millis: 605.645.0411
PO BOX 853, Spearfish, SD 57783
Booster Club Contacts:
Leah Rafferty (President)
Amy Cermak (Past President)
See our contact page. Click Here.